• The Journey Live Events

Hey guys!

Here's a presentation of the Region #4: Southern California.

Available spots to ride with local:

-Manhattan Beach Pier: Bobby Kithcart
    -Burnout: Ramond Green
    -Seal Beach: Jeremy Wright
    -Huntington Beach: Josh Hayes
    -Newport Point: Alex Gero
    -The Wedge: JJ Ayala
    -Salt Creek: Tristan Ray
    -T Street: Cameron Steele
    -North Jetty: Jimmy Lindville
    -Ponto: Sean McElroy
    -Seaside Reef: Paul Roach
    -Blacks Beach: Michael Lepiere
    -Marine Street: Kevin Jimenez
    -Big Rock
    -Imperial Beach Pier: Manny Vargas

If you have any problems with the region let us know in this discussion.

Post your best gameplay and screenshots here as well.

Have fun!
  • David
    Yooo so I feel like this is a dumb question but how do I do a claim at the wedge? I know they taught us how earlier in the game but I can't remember and can't seem to figure it out.. I'd greatly appreciate it
  • Mitch
    Hey ,

Not a dumb question at all. This is what the forum is for!

To claim a wave you need to hold the claim button while you're in the barrel for 2 whole seconds. The Wedge is a pretty tricky wave so the takeoff timing is everything, go late and wait for the barrel to show up. You may need to stall a little bit to stay in there for the full 2 seconds, but you should get spit out at the end!

Hope this helps and good luck.
  • Dane
    Can't beat Salt Creek level 4, any help? I'm having trouble with the forward spin
  • David
    Definitely helped a lot! Much appreciated! Now just stuck on the boss level, played it a few times and even waited the 10 hours for him to finish and still didn't unlock Mexico like some people said would eork.. Any help on this?
  • David
    Yeah tried both of those.. Still didn't work, do I play my waves wen I wait the 10 hours or just let it go. Or do I have to wait ten hours after he beats me and not start the tournement over?
  • MalpicaSurf
    Update the game
  • Mike
    Hey David! We've updated the game with a bug fix + region 5!
    Update it and it should work!
  • David
    thanks bro! Got it updated and been el Rollo'n since, Preciate the help
  • Steve
    Still can't beat the boss even after the upgrade has anyone got any tips?
  • Bruce
    Been spending days trying to get through Southern Calif challenge 11. Any tips?
  • The Journey Live Events
    Hey Bruce,
    Have you updated the app? Region 5 is unlocked and the boss should be much easier.
    Thank you,
    ST
  • Linz
    Hey guys, having some issues beating the boss of level 4. I've updated the app but still can't seem to get past. He generally scores around 17 points total is that what it should be? Would love some help :)
  • Mike
    yeah that sounds about right. Are you still trying to beat him?
  • carlos
    Its impossible to beat lvl 4 boss even with versión 1.1.5. I get high 7 and 8 and he always boats me. Whats up with that??
  • Michel
    I'm like Carlos here. Game updated but can't beat the lvl4 boss. I'm even wondering what kind of combo you succeed in doing to reach high sevens and eights. I'm stuck on low fives..... >:o
    I've also tried what's on the link of Malpica but even when I score 2 10 waves, south cal boss is still unbeatable for me. Maybe I didn't get how to quit the boss on level 2 or it was a bug corrected in some past updates :)
  • Michel
    @Mike I still can not defeat the boss here. I've tried waiting the 10 hours but it stills do not unlock the next region. Any hint about left or right takeoff and what combo to try? As of now I have only one manoeuver to make.... It's a it frustrating right now :)
  • Bruce
    Cant get more than a 5 against the Boss. Such.
  • Michel
    @Bruce I found that making the take off asap and making a cut back as the first thing makes a good start for the wave (on the left). Then trying to make a 360 tube and some speed check is making low 7 quite easy. Nevertheless it takes a least one high 7 and a middle 8 to get past the boss. I've never achieved that. Best score for me is a little below 15. So frustrating to spend so much time here while another manoeuver is waiting just behind... Any help would be appreciated dudes.... @Manny V any hints for us who are 'fighting' this boss?
  • YR eSports Manager
    Michel, I'm in the same boat but there is a way! @Mitch you want to chime in on this one?
  • Michel
    @Manny V Thanks dude. I'm sure the way exists, it's just like going through hell to find it :) don't tell me you stuck there too!!!!

Btw, I'm pretty revved up to have a reply from a guy whose bodyboard pictures made me dream since nearly 20 years. :)
  • YR eSports Manager
    Yeah Michel... thanks for the props brotha. It's always and will be all heart homie! BOOM!
  • Mitch
    I think the best way to get the scores to beat him are by utilizing the barrel bonuses. Here's what I do: Takeoff late and start claiming right away, drive through the tube and get the 5 second barrel bonus (you'll have to stall a little bit at the end section to get the 5 seconds), you'll also get either a "deep" or "superdeep" bonus. When you come flying out of that tube do a forward spin and then follow it up with a speed check to finish. If you can get above 17,000 points on 2 waves you'll beat the boss for sure!

Watch this video to see what I've explained:
  • Mitch
    If you're still stuck then watch this video:

If you can do it you'll be getting 10's easy!
  • Michel
    @Mitch thanks to you I just scored a 18.26. I hope it'll be enough :). Thanks a lot to everyone!
  • Michel
    And that was it! Heading to Mexico and rollo right away! :)
  • carlos
    Finally!!! Thanks Mitch!
  • Rich29
    Need some help for Salt Creek, how to do the amazing forward spin?

i'm trying for hours but I can't do it?

Does someone can post à video please ?

Thanks
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to YouRiding Forum!

Hey! Welcome to the official YouRiding Forum! Share your experience, give your feedback, tell us about your ideas and suggestions and be part of the YouRiding community!