• YR eSports Manager
    ezkiemq98jcxu3ku.jpg

What a great way to start off the APB Virtual World Tour than at the infamous Banzai Pipeline for the Mike Stewart Pipeline Invitational.

Located on the North Shore of Oahu, this epic wave demands your respect once you set foot on the soft white sandy beach of Ehukai Beach Park.

The perfect peak of Pipeline offers up an short epic left hander where the barrel is not to be messed with. The right is a little longer but a lot faster. Choose wisely.

At the end of the event, five competitors will walk with the goods! Will it be you?

1st - 50,000 YouRiding Cash PLUS YR Gold Board valued at 100,000 YRC
    2nd - 30,000 YouRiding Cash
    3rd - 20,000 YouRiding Cash
    4th - 10,000 YouRiding Cash

5,000 YRC - Best Screenshot of Competition Wave posted on this thread.

Now, you're all set. So wax up your thumbs, gear up your avatar with the event jersey and take a deep breathe before going to battle against the best players on earth. Good luck!

Get all the details on how to compete here: http://forum.youriding.com/discussion/344/apb-virtual-world-tour-rules-details/p1
    Attachment
    01_PIPELINE (56K)
  • YR eSports Manager
    We're just a couple days away from the start of the 2017 APB Virtual World Tour. We've been talking to a lot of the top contenders and it seems like it's going to be an incredible start to year.

As of today, it looks like the player to beat is YuRiding from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. His track record is nothing short than stunning. He's won the last five events and won the first ever YouRiding live tournament in Itacoatiara 2016. He's definitely the one to beat.

But as in most sports, upsets are possible. Are you the one to knock the best player off the top of the leaderboard? We will see. Good luck out there and check in here and on Twitter for the latest.

The guy to beat...
    ndz0nhzvw132q1cf.jpg
    Attachment
    2017_02_17_yuri (80K)
  • YR eSports Manager
    The first few days of the APB Virtual World Tour has been insane! We've seen the two Brazilians, YuRiding and Cleiton_Albuquerque, going head to head for that first place spot. Cleiton_Albuquerque held the top spot until YuRiding came back with an incredible score of 70,437! It's amazing to see the battle unfolding. But we have 'til March 11 'til the end of the comp in The Journey. So anything could happen.

r2nd55jm70gwafuw.png

We can't count out the Spaniard, Bodyboardforlife. Even though he's eight thousand points behind first place, it's really just a matter of getting one more solid scoring manuever to get into contention. And with YuRiding's Play By Play book available, Bodyboardforlife,and anyone for that matter, can come up big.

It's great to see a mix of nationalities in the top ten. Puerto Rico, Venenzuela, Costa Rica, and the Scottish are showing presence on the first stop of the tour.

I like seeing competitors in the back of the pack representing their country and YouRiding itself. Purchasing your comp jersey during any of our in-game competitions serves a purpose. For each jersey bought during the contest window, YouRiding will donate a portion of the proceeds to the APB Tour and they will have a cash pool in which they will pay out the top 24 competitors at the end of the season. So in reality, the more people that buy the comp jersey, the more happy your favorite pro rider will be.

On that note, I'm going to give a shout out to three players at the back of the pack that are support YouRiding and the professional riders of the APB Tour. And if you have purchased a jersey, let me, Manny V, know by emailing him a screen shot of your and your avatar. I'd love to hear from ya.

Zion420 from Chile is currently in 874th place in the APB Tour Mike Stewart Pipeline Invitational.
    yktzpnlbu4eg7ldn.png

Mike_G from San Diego is actually a friend of mine. I know he's all supportive of YouRiding and it shows as he's sporting the classic red jersey. Now, if he can man up and get a Mike Stewart Science board, he'll also look cool.
    3t2znlhmf01oufa6.png

Way back in the pack at 1057th place, it's the Spaniard, Arodi. I guarantee he'll move up the ranks and better his score. We do have 'til March 11th 'til the end of the comp. Plenty of time to improve.
    0g1crsb8xf7k2tn6.png

Again, if you're wearing a jersey in the comp, please hit up with a screenshot of your avatar and a portrait.

Good luck and keep ripping! Next update in a couple days.

Last thing... go get your jersey in the shop... BOOM!
    d02093f1b5rni5fl.png
    Attachments
    Screenshot_20170227-100110 (1M)
    Screenshot_20170227-102958 (987K)
    Screenshot_20170227-103129 (1022K)
    Screenshot_20170227-103144 (1012K)
    Screenshot_20170227-115109 (992K)
  • Cleiton Albuquerque
    Perfect MannyV !! Good job bro! Thank you for speak of me.. :D
  • Yuri Teixeira
    What a incredible comp !! Thanks @Cleiton Albuquerque for the playbook you da man bro !
  • Cleiton Albuquerque
    thank you my very fucking hard teacher!! You are the True Booom!! :B (Y)
  • YR eSports Manager
    UPDATE MARCH 6, 2017

WOW! What a sick event so far! You have 'til March 11th to get your last runs in so don't delay! Okay, let's bring everyone up to speed on the APB Tour Mike Stewart Pipeline Invitational in The Journey by YouRiding Games.

2n9hglo8pbf9531m.png

YuRiding is showing the world that he's here to stamp his name in the YouRiding competition history books. Is this guy unstoppable? He's been dominating the contest scene since the live tournament at the Itacoatiara Pro. That's where the best players in Brazil and the world went head to head in an all out battle for the big prize of cash money and a new bodyboard! Since then, everyone's been playing catch up. Can he be stopped by his fellow Brazilians at Pipeline? We have 'til March 11th to find out.

w9x91xtlx48n1d7i.png

Honorable mentions go out to the two players that were able to sneak a win last year... American, Marc_Goodnough and the Frenchman, Francois, both in the top 21, respectively. Marc_Goodnough is currently in that 11th place spot and may be cresting into the top 10... the first screen in the rankings leader board. Francois has a little bit more work to do if he wants to get into that top 10. WIth several days still available, it's still possible to see both of these two fierce compeititors climb into the top 10 and possibly in the top 5.

f9nbjh37bwiouaqm.png

Today's shout out goes to the Frenchman back in 192nd place, Bb17. He's supporting the professional bodyboarders by purchasing the in-game comp jersey. With every purchase of a comp jersey, I little piece of the goes to a fund to be distributed to the top 24 on the APB World Tour. Do your part and go pick up a Mike Stewart Pipeline Invitational comp jersey in the shop.

370xvcb7kvlbbk4i.png

Today is the last day of the real life competition and you can watch here: http://www.apbtour.com/live

Update on the real and virtual world tour tomorrow.
    Attachments
    Screenshot_20170306-105056 (997K)
    Screenshot_20170306-105107 (1019K)
    Screenshot_20170306-105114 (1021K)
    Screenshot_20170306-105408 (970K)
  • Kernowlokal
    Can you add the Cornish flag (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b8/Flag_of_Cornwall.svg/1280px-Flag_of_Cornwall.svg.png)? Would be nice seeing us up towards the top. Nice price for 4th?
  • YR eSports Manager
    I'll pass that onto the tech guys and see what they can do.
  • YR eSports Manager
    MARCH 9TH UPDATE
    srl4l58b1g8bhq1v.png
    YuRiding is still sitting on the top of the leaderboard. I wonder if this is going to be the same scenario throughout the year at each event. Reminds me of the YR BB V4 battles between JDR, pillo, Vets and Cristobals. But in this case, YuRiding is showing some serious dominance. But with two more days left in the competition, there's still a chance for fellow Brazilians Cleiton_Albuquerque and Marcello_koala_paranagua to come up and snatch that first place spot.

e16ryubj4746itlp.png
    Couple shout outs to a couple of the top professional bodyboarders that competed in the APB Mike Stewart Pipeline Invitational. Second place winner, Iain Campbell, is currently sitting in 48th place. How amazing would that be if Iain was able to pull off a double win... real life and virtually! That would be epic!

qfmjz0vr1dl5d6l6.png
    The Brazilian phenom, Socrates Santana, performed amazing at the real life Pipe event. Hugh props to the super grom! Not many people were able to beat Socrates in the real pipe event but you have a chance to beat him in the virtual Pipe event. He's currently ranked 784th. Can you score better than him? You have a couple more days!

Tomorrow, we give props to some riders that purchased their event rashguards for the comp. If you have a Pipe jersey in the game, post a screen shot below.
    Attachments
    01_yuri (1M)
    02_iain (1009K)
    03_socrates (1M)
  • Kernowlokal
    Brilliant, thanks for that. I think a few of the Cornish guys would appreciate it. Also, bought the vest, didn't know that contributed to competitors until I saw this thread.

Cheers
    Attachment
    Screenshot_20170309-204228 (996K)
  • YR eSports Manager
    Yeah man. We're going to make it more public about the jerseys for Tahiti.

Well, I talked to the tech crew and we're afraid that it'll snowball with other spots wanting their own flags. So we're going to hold off for now. But ti doesn't mean we won't in the future.

For now, keep shredding #NeverStopRiding
  • Kernowlokal
    Fair enough. thanks for asking.
  • YR eSports Manager
    Brazil. Domination. When you look at final Ranking of the APB Virtual World Tour Mike Stewart Invitational the Brazilian flag is commanding the top spots. The best players are coming from Brazil and we're starting to wonder... how much time are they spending in The Journey. Or are they just that good?

This week's Rider Of The Week mentioned that YuRiding has spent over four hours straight just to take a top spot on a Multiplayer leaderboard. Does he still do that now? Probably not. But that time he's put into the game is paying off. YuRiding is your winner at the first event of the APB Virtual World Tour. We were able to get a few words from YuRiding about the event:

ax3cho66wy962fth.jpg
    I'm super stoked about my win! Pipeline is a dream even in the virtual world. And starting the year winning there... it's just mind blowing!

Since the end of 2016 virtual tour, I started to think about 2017 and how it would be... what would change and how hard would it be to win. My guess was right. We have some extraordinary players around the world and the top scores on the leaderboard are getting tighter than ever! The battle for the 2017 title is going to be fierce!

I expect have the same results of last year (ha ha ha) and it will be much more sick with the upcoming update. Here in Brazil, we are very excited waiting for it!!
    — YuRiding

w689e1z7fraf058p.jpg
    Second place finisher and top world competitor, weighs in..
    I am very happy to have achieved a good place in the competition. I hope I can keep myself among the best for a long time .

Before, when I was a little younger and started surfing in bodyboard, I always dreamed of a video game that could satisfy me on days without waves. That's why when I first played The Journey I really enjoyed it! The game is perfect! And it will get a lot better, I believe it!
    — Cleiton_Albuquerque

5wpq8amksqq867j2.jpg
    Marcello_koala_paranagua is no stranger to the competition field. He's always going to be the one ready to strike if you slipped up just a tiny bit. He's a tough live tournament style player. You're going to see him shine when the tournament in Itacoatiara goes down.

pp6ljbvoikim1lsp.jpg
    In fourth place, it was the player from Reunion Island, fepetlakol. He came out of no where in the last few days of the event and ended up in the 10,000 YRC in his bank account. If you haven't been reading the news reports from the French owned island nation, there has been far too many shark attacks to not hear about it! fepetlakol responded to my email with concern and hearbreak. He mentions that it's a struggle between policy and protection. We did a search on YouTube to help you understand what's happening down there and this video explains is the best.
    https://video.vice.com/en_us/video/shark-island-part-1/575ee250c6acdea813257fea

We do have to note... THE SPANIARDS are making a serious charge! With three in the top ten, they are a growing force to be reckoned with.

It's going to be an amazing year of competition. We hope you enjoy the ride!
    Attachments
    1_Yuri (64K)
    2_Cleiton (59K)
    3_Marcello (66K)
    4_fepetlakol (63K)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url