• EduRibas
    What are you doing to get more points at the waves?
    I've seen some waves where I just get like 50 or 60k with almost all perfect maneuvers... and some guys manage to make it a 150k wave. How to??? Is there some bonus if you get all them incredible? Is there some mandatory maneuver to get more points?
  • Gusta
    Nice!
    I wana know too
    cheers
  • Mitchsurf
    Does equipment make any difference?
  • blake
    No equipment makes no difference. I made that mistake when I first started playing in thinking it helped. I wasted all my 'money' on fins
  • Rikkardo
    Yes I would like to know as well. Especially on very short waves I don't know where people find space to make all the point they make...
  • Edmilson
    Ok we waiting for a response here people from you riding
  • Edmilson
    Looks like I've being played not with people but I think was computer from the matrix of this app, is just impossible make that numbers!
  • Georgesn1992
    I also can't seem to get nearly enough points. From all the multiplayer events I've played I've only managed to beat 1 guy. Just seems like they get about double my points even if I do all my moves with "amazing" scoring. Is there some other way they get points like riding the wave past the whitewash or doing extra tricks in the barrel except claiming? If someone could point me in the direction of some youtube vids showing how they surf that'll be great!
  • GrantHann
    From my experience, it depends on the wave really. if it's a slower wave it's all about big turns, using the wave face, staying in the pocket & doing big hacks. if it's a fast barreling wave, it's about staying on the upper half of the face closer to the lip, in the pocket & doing face tricks (360's, tail blows, carves, laybacks etc.) & obviously maximizing your barrel time by getting as deep as possible & claiming. Watch your score meter when you in the barrel & try keep it in the top half. If you've conquered spot 2, West Africa (Secret) level 2, it's a perfect wave to practice your barrel riding score capabilities...shweeeeet brah & #NeverStopRiding
  • Georgesn1992
    By secret spot you mean skeleton Bay. Just around the corner of me here in Cape Town. Guess it's just practice then. Can you claim twice in a barrel? Does that make a difference?
  • GrantHann
    West Africa Region 11 spot 2. Skeleton Bay Namibia is also a good spot spot to practice barrel riding. By the way, I'm also in Cape Town dude. No, from my knowledge only 1 claim per barrel. To claim twice you'll have to come out & go back in....
  • Georgesn1992
    Thanks for the help. Found that when you hold up while doing tricks, carving, top turns it goes much quicker thus allowing me to almost double my points on waves. Went through the tutorial again and found this hidden gem of advise
  • Rikkardo
    what do you mean "hold up" while doing tricks?
  • Georgesn1992
    While you do a top turn to pump quicker down through the wave hold the up arrow. You'll do it much quicker on faster longer waves. I am struggling to get high points on more rounder bigger sluggish waves though. Can't do rollers and tail slides fast enough
  • Cody Doucette
    I agree with this. I'll have what feel like perfect rides but be tens of thousands points behind high scores. Is there a cheat code or some trick? Doesn't seem possible to get those type of scores on waves.
  • Georgesn1992
    No cheat codes. Just practice to get as much amazing moves in the quickest manner by linking them up. I like to start with a carving 360, some carves and to keep my speed up holding up with the top turn to squeeze the most out of the wave. Just practice
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment