• Mike
    A NEW FEATURE IS COMING OUT IN THE JOURNEY: CHALLENGES!

What are challenges?
    Play against other players in live competition rounds!

How do I play?
    On the home page, click the "Multiplayer" button then choose the "Challenge" section.
    Then click the "Play" button to wait for a competition. You can also tick the checkmark if you want to play only against players of your level.

How does the waiting process work?
    Once you've clicked to play in a competition, the system will wait for players. First it will wait for 15 other players but if after a few minutes there is not enough players it'll try to start a competition with 8 players, then 4, then 2... If you are by yourself it's going to wait forever but that should never happen...

How does a competition work?
    You're playing Man on Man heats against another player. You can ride 3 waves and the best score will be used to determine the winner. Each heat is 5 minutes and the winner will advance to the next round.

How do you manage a draw?
    If the two players have the same best score, we go down to the second wave then the third. If they still have the same score, the top seeded player will move to the next round.

Do I earn / lose reputation?
    Yes! You'll earn or lose reputation at the end of each heat. Check this post to learn more about the reputation: http://forum.youriding.com/discussion/4674/multiplayers-the-reputation-explained

Which waves can I play?
    The wave you can play in challenges is automatically set by the system and changes every 24 hours. It's not linked to the Journey so it doesn't matter if you've unlocked the wave or not in freeride.

Can I practice the wave before competing?
    Yes you can! Each day you can practice 20 times. If you need more practice runs, you can watch a video or buy packages of runs.

If I buy practice runs but don't use it, what happens?
    Your practice runs will roll over to the next day until you use them!

Feel free to ask if you have any question!
  • blake
    When can we expect this?
  • Mike
    we're currently testing it! Hopefully we can't submit it to Apple tomorrow or Friday and it'll be available this weekend!
  • blake
    No hurry but sounds fun. Love the game. Keep up the good work. Keeps me satisfied on these flat days
  • blake
    While I got you Mike, when is Teahupoo unlocked? Teahupoo is my favorite real world wave just curious as to when its unlocked in game. I just started playing last week and am currently in the Mexico region.....One Love
  • Aron Abramof
    Excellent news!! This is what I was waiting for!!

Can I challenge friends?
  • Mike
    Teahupoo will be unlocked in Pacific Ocean on... January 2nd! It's one of the last region.
    But it'll be available before then in multiplayer mode.

Multiplayer mode will be available today on Android and in the next few days on iOS (as soon as Apple approves the update)
  • Mike
    if you and your friends request a challenge at the same time there are chances you're gonna play together.

We're gonna improve the system in a future update to let you create "private" challenges with just you and your friends!
  • Rikkardo
    Nice news , but it looks on android has problem. everytime I finish one heat I got a message theat says" erroe while saving" can't save the wave because the heat is already finished or not even started.
    I am just loosing my reputation!hah
  • sebalopez15
    Dear friends.
    This is an amazing game, but i have a connection problem to my facebook account. I have android in my phone.
    I can't change the username, can't play in freeride because i can't see worlwide ranking, so i can't play in multiplayer mode either.
    I lost all my game advance three o four times.
    This is the message that appears. This is a great game, but i can't play with this problems!!
    qiylyzezpgqm0wi3.png

Please help me!
    Attachment
    Screenshot_2016-09-05-17-44-10 (545K)
  • Mike
    You need to make sure you finish your wave before the end of the heat's timer. Basically when you finish your wave, we send your score to be saved and we check if the heat is still running or not. If not we don't save it and you'll have this error.
  • Mike
    please contact us at
  • Edward Loq
    its true, im lost 50 points for this... dam :(
  • Edward Loq
    is finishing the heats and is catching, I and a friend have made 3 finals we got in late and caught heat ... we stayed in the previous heat and lose 12 points
  • Rikkardo
    Thank you! now I understand! Now I have a reputation to rubuild
  • Mike
    great! Good luck! :)
  • wilkoswilly
    how you gonna make a challenge mode with 3 tries in only 5 minutes and give us a wave like chicama when riding that wave to completion in the game can take as long as 2.5 minutes? also, i realize this is the first week of multiplayer mode, but several times ive been on a wave in one round and the next round has already started. should be programmed so that each consecutive round doesn't start until all waves in the previous round have been completed.
  • blake
    So what happens if you get to 0 rep points?
  • Thomas
    Hey guys, really enjoying the new multi-player mode but wanted to through out some suggestions for improvement.

You need to add a disqualification time out. There are too many people starting a competition and then not playing. Having to wait five minutes to move onto another heat because nobody is there only makes more people abandon their next heats which leads to again waiting five minutes to play the next heat. Maybe by three minutes in if they haven't completed a wave they're eliminated.

The other thing is the scoring. I know you have some complex algorithm and that's fine. But when you surf through three heats, make it in the final and get second, it sucks to lose 11 or 12 points. 2nd place needs to be rewarded not punished. Making it through three heats deserves positive points.

Oh and a female avatar would be nice for the ladies.

Thanks for the fun game.
  • blake
    Unrelated but #1 how do I create a new topic and #2 what is in the new update?
  • Zouz
    and the support will never answer you!!!
  • Mike
    pretty tough to implement the disqualification time out, I think we need to send more reminder in the game (notification...) to tell players the heat is going!

Maybe a bonus for each heat won? And the bonus is bigger for a final than a semi-final?

We're actually working on the female avatar, it should be available in a month or two!
  • Mike
    sorry about that, we're on it
  • sylvain
    comment fait on pour passer pro ?
  • Marcello
    I'm in Mexico now... I'm still learning... So are my friends.. they are all in the grom level... Somehow I'm on the shredder level And I can't compete with others as they are all pros... How can I fix my account? I can't win any heat...
    7e4ei2jm22vsmowh.png

Could u please reset my account to grom level?

Thanks
    Attachment
    Screenshot_20160925-215416 (702K)
  • GorkaH
    Hello,
    I have the game for android and I have to change my name but it only gives me the choice to conect with facebook.
    The problem is that i don't have facebook. Is there another way to change it??
    Thanks!!
  • Julienboizot
    Commentm on gagne de l'argent
  • Julienboizot
    Comment on gagne de l'argent
  • Louie
    How does the point system work? YOu win heaps get 1 point you lose once out of 10 and you get 10 plus points taken away?
  • Justin smit
    I would love to know how guys score 2x as much points as i do. I am sure there is something they do that we dont know about becausr almost all my moves are amazing but i score so weak . Really stupid.
  • SC Loc
    Yeah something is up. I can rack up pretty good scores and know the "Spot of the Day" well that I just competed at a few times. Not only were some of the other players slaughtering me, and surfing all of the heat in what seemed like under a minute with ridiculous scores, but the spot (Sand Spit) was completely un-makeable - it's normally a pretty easy wave, but this time it was just a big runner that you couldn't make even if you took off and just pumped down the line.

To put in in perspective - instead of trying to outrun it (since that would mean almost no score), I did a couple big turns before it took off and got 14247. The other players (that didn't get eliminated right away like me) were instantly getting 45k - 60k points on their waves.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment